Inspirational Book Reviews

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Enjoyable reading

"Hidden," is the first book in the series "Sisters of the Heart."  A story about a young woman named Anna, who finds herself in a abusive relationship.  With no help from her family, she finds herself alone in her situation.  She plans an escaped to the only place she knows she will feel safe at an Amish Bed & Breakfast with her long time friend, Katie.  Does Anna find happiness?  Is she able to leave the past behind?  To find out, I recommend that you read this book by Shelley Shepard Gray. 

 This story grabbed my attention from the starting point.  The struggles and fear this young woman had to face alone showed that God was in the midst of the storm.  I encouraged you to go out and pick up this book to read.  You will not be disappointed. 










"Wanted" is the second book of the series "Sisters of the Heart" from Shelley Shepard Gray.  This story is based on Anna's friend, Katie.  Katie, is a young Amish woman who has dark secrets from her Rumspringa days.  Katie has fancied a widow named Jonathan Lundy with two small girls.  An opportunity has risen that she cannot pass up to get to know this man better.  But, will her secrets be exposed?  Will Katie allow herself to accept God's love, forgiveness for her past, or will she lose everything?

Like the first book, I was not disappointed with the second book.  It only took me a day to finish reading this book. The storyline captivated my attention.  I was on edge to know what dark secrets she was hiding. If she was going to be loved and accepted by the man she wanted. I was deeply satisfied at the end of the book.  I am looking forward to reading the third book in the series. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment